News: Press Release
Dorado Software Announces Dell OpenManage Network Manager 6.2 with Zero-touch Provisioning and Improved Network Assessment
El Dorado Hills, Calif.- June 7, 2016 - Dorado Software, Inc., leading provider of integrated Resource Management, Performance Monitoring and Service Orchestration software and OEM provider of Dell OpenManage Network Manager (OMNM), announced the general availability of OMNM 6.2, their centralized management solution to unify network management and simplify deployment of multi-vendor networks, with zero-touch provisioning and improved network assessment capabilities. In addition, the release offers Dell and non-Dell networking end users broader Dell model and firmware support, IPv6 support, virtualization, new device support from other networking equipment manufacturers, and key ease-of-use and integration enhancements.
OMNM 6.2 Highlights
- Zero-touch Provisioning: Allows auto discovery of devices using the OMNM automation framework.
- Network Assessment Tool: Improved ease-of-use of automated network assessment to help customers quickly identify obsolete network architecture, outdated operating systems and more, to improve the efficiency of IT resources, ensure system stability and lower risk of downtime.
- IPv6 Support: Discover and manage IPv6 devices.
- Virtualization: Extended VMware support, hypervisor support for ESX, and added support for Linux KVM.
- Application Websites to OMNM: Using the iframe application, users can configure the portlet to contain other web sites for centralized and easy access to other systems (i.e. internal ticketing systems, other OMNM instances etc.).
- Custom Attributes for Ports and Interfaces: IT admins can create custom port- or interface-level attributes (tag a port with a user name, desk location and a wall port number so they can pre-allocate switch ports to their respective location), then generate a report with the data.
- Oracle 12c support.
- Dell Networking Updated DNOS Firmware Support: FTOS OS and OS 6.3.
- New or Enhanced OMNM Device Drivers:
- Enhanced Dell Networking Drivers: Additional Z-, C- and W-series devices have been added.
- Expanded Support: Additional SonicWall Security, Enterasys, and Arista Devices.
- FIPS Support: Discovery and show status of FIPS-enabled devices.
OMNM Key Features
- ProScan configuration audit helps you track down and correct configuration issues
- Active Performance Monitors allow for proactive customization of performance monitoring
- Resource Discovery Wizard simplifies discovery of IP-based network elements
- Resource management enables easy configuration of single switches
- Resource group management provides one-to-many switch configuration
- Inventory reporting shows what you have and where is located
- Advanced scheduling schedules key tasks, such as backup and configuration changes
- Event management filters and forwards events and traps
- Customizable web-based UI
- Traffic flow analysis reporting, allowing data export to .csv for custom data manipulation/analysis
- Flexible dashboards for fault, availability and performance monitoring
- Manage multi-vendor physical and virtualization assets
- Multi-tenancy offers support for multiple client organizations from a single instance and ability to control managed inventory access, views and actions using multi-tenant sites
- High availability features for server redundancy, large network/device counts and disaster recovery
OMNM 6.2 is available for a 30-day trial and purchase through Dell at http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/dell-openmanage-network-manager/pd or contact your Dell representative. Additional resources can be found on the Dell TechCenter OMNM Wiki .
About Dorado Software
Dorado Software, Inc. is a leading provider of integrated Resource Management, Performance Monitoring and Service Orchestration software to monitor, provision, configure and manage IP network infrastructures, wireless IP, virtualized network functions and commercial services. Dorado Software's integrated suite of products, Redcell, lets operators configure, deploy, and monitor their physical and virtual network resources, in addition to dynamically provision and monitor commercial services (including NFV, MPLS, MPLS video, IPTV) and mobile backhaul. By combining resource and service management with real-time monitoring, users have complete service-oriented, end-to-end operational visibility, and control over their entire networked environment. In addition, Dorado's extensible products and OEM commercial programs for manufacturers, like Dell, enable them to accelerate their time-to-market by packaging their management functions and managing their customers' expectations. For more information, visit doradosoftware.com or email email@example.com. For more information on OMNM, visit http://www.dell.com, or contact your Dell representative.
See related release: http://www.valtori.fi/fi-FI/Dell_valtionhallinnon_lahiverkon_laittei(3872)
Dorado and Redcell are trademarks of Dorado Software, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.